A paradoxical oxymoron?

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The little things

It was an extremely long day from uni. Half of my 40 minutes journey was driving in extremely heavy rain accompanied with a bright piercing ray of sunlight. Added with another 15 minutes towards Hartamas.

On Monday early evening, whilst slowing down to a traffic light. I saw something which I had not seen in a really long time. A beauty so colourful and bright that it just has to capture your attention. Feeling prompted, I just looked up and beyond and noticed it.

A rainbow. The moment I saw it, the thought of God and His amazing-ness just flashed by and filled over my already crowded mind pushing aside the busy *brain wrecking* thoughts. And I just had to stop and really thank God for it. I said a small thank You prayer and at the end my spirit just lifted up.

Literally. It's the little everyday things like this (ok, maybe not everyday in terms of a rainbow, but you get what I mean) that really we look beyond and let it just pass by. We tend to get so caught up with the big things that we don't realize the importance or necessity of the smaller things.

Even the slightest sight/thought/words can really make a difference. Imagine what the effect would be, be it building or destroying. Therefore, always, and I repeat, always guard your thoughts and words and actions.

On a side note.
Small things could simply mean being thankful to God, just having small conversations with Him. Daily quite time with Him. Listening to Him.
Whereas, big things could be the problems, where we focus so much on it that we seek Him for solutions. To whine and start blaming around. Crying to God as if looking for pity.

Sometimes, we need to focus on the small things that'll help us understand the big picture.

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth."
Genesis 9:13


Edit : Now that I think back. I must say that it was one of the most complete arched rainbow with very distinct colours I've ever seen. Making that short moment all the more special =)

3 Comments:

  • wow, whats with u people and rainbow? check out keith, philip and jw's blog haha! u all pakat? lol

    but yea, it must have been nice. i dun remember seeing a rainbow in a long time lol

    By Blogger san*shine, at Wed Oct 15, 10:38:00 pm  

  • Lol. No. what for wanna pakat. these kind of things.. is no play play oneee XP.. Infact, i never read all their blogs also before i posted it. besides, all also different places. how lah to pakat.
    this is called being led by one spirit.. haha

    neways, i think it's the rainbow week. quite a number of people have been blogging bout seeing rainbows on sun, mon and tues. mornings and evenings.

    By Blogger `peiling, at Fri Oct 17, 12:39:00 am  

  • wah then i must be super sad case didnt get to see any hahaha!!

    By Blogger san*shine, at Tue Oct 21, 08:54:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home